“《著名的蓝雨衣》
It's four in the morning, the end of december
清晨四点,十二月末
Im writing you now just to see if youre better
我写信给你,想知道你是否好些了
New york is cold, but I like where Im living
纽约很冷,但我喜欢我住的地方
Theres music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
每晚克林顿大街都传来音乐
I hear that youre building your little house deep in the desert
我听说你正建筑自己的小屋,在森林深处
You're living for nothing now, I hope you're keeping some kind of record.
你不再为谁而活,希望你还保有某种记录
Yes, and jane came by with a lock of your hair
是的,简来过,带来你的一绺头发
She said that you gave it to her
她说是你给了她
That night that you planned to go clear
那晚你们准备做个了断
Did you ever go clear?
你们了断了吗?
Ah, the last time we saw you you looked so much older
哦,最后一次见你,你苍老了许多
Your famous blue raincoat was torn at the shoulder
你那著名的蓝雨衣,肩膀处都磨破了
Youd been to the station to meet every train
你去车站,等每列火车
And you came home without lili marlene
你回到家,却带不回莉莉玛莲
And you treated my woman to a flake of your life
你对待我的女人,像对待生命的碎片
And when she came back she was nobody's wife.
她回到家,不再是任何人的妻子
Well I see you there with the rose in your teeth
好吧,我看到你在那儿,唇齿间有一朵玫瑰
One more thin gypsy thief
又来了个吉普赛小偷
Well I see janes awake --
好了,我看到珍醒了——
She sends her regards.
她向你问好
And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
而我能告诉你什么,我的兄弟,我的凶手
What can I possibly say?
我又能说什么呢?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
我想我思念你,我想我已经原谅了你
Im glad you stood in my way.
我很高兴你能为我着想
If you ever come by here, for jane or for me
如果你过来,来看简或我
Your enemy is sleeping, and his woman is free.
你的敌人已熟睡,他的女人已自由
Yes, and thanks, for the trouble you took from her eyes
是的,谢谢你,带走了她眼中的忧虑
I thought it was there for good so I never tried.
我觉得她那样很好,所以从没试过
And jane came by with a lock of your hair
简来过,带着你的一绺头发
She said that you gave it to her
她说是你给了她
That night that you planned to go clear
那晚你们准备做个了断
-- sincerely, l.
诚挚的,我”
我听不懂英文,但我还是痴迷于这样的曲子,便呆呆地仔细听着,陶醉在其中,正如这淡淡的咖啡,有着一种苦涩,但后味是甜的。是内里的舒坦。
“你喜欢这首曲子?”林淑见我听得入迷,便抬眼问我,这时候的她,也正反着一本美术鉴赏的书籍,而我拿着一本叫做生命之谜的书。
我回过神来,笑说道:“我第一次听,觉得很有味道!你别见笑,其实我英文不好,根本听不懂!”
林淑笑道:“不懂也能听出其中味道,我很是欣赏你!”
我不好意思一笑。
她又说道:“这首歌名叫《著名的蓝雨衣》,是我最喜欢的歌曲之一!”